Holt Hall Website Privacy Notice
Holt Hall is part of Educator Solutions which is a trading enterprise of Norfolk County Council.
We provide further details regarding
- who we are
- how long we use your information for
- your rights under the GDPR and how to exercise them on Norfolk County Council’s web site at www.norfolk.gov.uk/privacy
What we use your information for
We use the personal information that you give to us to:
- provide our services to you
- provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services
- inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products that you have purchased from us
- provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information
- use your information in certain ways for promotional activity which may include use of photos. Your consent will always be obtained if we want to use your information in this way
- administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
We never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services.
Who we receive your information from
We receive your personal information from you and nobody else.
The type of personal information we use
The type of information we use may include:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
Special Category data is defined as information concerning your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union activity, genetic data, biometric data, health, sex life and sexual orientation. Only where this information is necessary to provide a service will we collect and use these types of data. Health information, in particular, may be relevant in determining the type of service we can provide to you. The law includes safeguards to protect the use of your special category data and any information concerning criminal convictions.
For ordinary personal information (that is, all your information which is not special category data), we have legal grounds to process this information where it is necessary:
- to fulfil a contract we have with you
- when it is our legal duty or
- when you consent to it.
For special category data or convictions, we have legal grounds to process this information where
- we have obtained explicit consent to do so
- it is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest, for example to provide a safe service for schools.
Who we share your information with
We will only share your personal information with another party
- if we sell all or part of our business to the buyer
- where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information
- to further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Cookies provide information regarding the computer used by a visitor. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive.
- assist us in improving our website
- gather information about your general internet use.
Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data which does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the “settings” section of your computer. For more information please read the advice at AboutCookies.org.
Sending your personal information to other countries
Your personal information may be transferred outside of the UK and the European Economic Area. While some countries have adequate legal protections for personal data, in other countries steps will be necessary to ensure appropriate safeguards apply to the information. These include imposing contractual obligations to ensure that these safeguards apply.
We use a system called Campaign Monitor to send our newsletters and any additional information you have signed-up to receive. Campaign Monitor does store data in USA based data centres. Information stored in the USA is transferred to Campaign Monitor on the understanding that personal data is adequately protected in accordance with the eighth principle of the Data Protection Act 1998 and, from 25 May 2018, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
Where we store your information
When you make a booking or buy a product or service from us via our website, we will store your information in the systems that we use to process those bookings and provide services and in our customer relationship management system. You can update this information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
When you sign up to receive marketing communications from us your email address or postal address and preferences are stored in our website database and the email system that we use to send email communications. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link on the email or by emailing email@example.com
How we ensure the security of your information
All information is stored on secure servers and temporary hard copies are kept securely until digitised and then destroyed.
Please note: sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us by email and sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Links to third party websites
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any matter relating to this privacy notice via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep this privacy notice under regular review and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
This notice was last updated in May 2018.